PADI Divemaster Course
Maybe it's time to go PRO
The PADI Divemaster course is the first professional level in the PADI system, training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. During the PADI Divemaster course you will learn about supervising certified divers, assisting with students, risk management, the physiology of diving, dive equipment, the physics of diving, decompression theory, the recreational dive planner, diving skills, the underwater environment and how to independently conduct certain PADI programs and courses.
All Divemaster trainees are assigned a Lead Instructor who will mentor you during the course. You will be working with many other instructors at LSD during your training but the Lead Instructor is there to be your guide to becoming the best Divemaster possible. This close working relationship often continues long after the course has been completed.
Once you have the DM licence you can gain experience with us through freelance work and course shadowing. LSD has recently been awarded by PADI for our ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Diving Industry’ so join us today and become part of the team.
To book please see above or call the office on 020 8995 0002.
|2-6 months (based on your active involvement on courses)
|• Rescue Diver with 40 logged dives
• 18 yrs old
• Current HSE dive medical statement signed by a HSE dive doctor (details here)
• CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months
|• Complete the Divemaster eLearning which includes a digital manual, videos and knowledge reviews
• Attend 4 lectures (Course Orientation, Dive Theory, Assisting with Students and Supervising Certified Divers).
• Design an emergency assistance plan
• Create an underwater map
• Demonstrate 24 skills from the Open Water Diver Course.
• Perform a demonstration of your rescue skills.
• Pass a water skills and stamina test.
• Pass five practical skills ranging from Dive Site management to Deep Dive Scenarios.
• Pass five program workshops to help develop your knowledge and skills during a role play environment.
• Pass four practical assessments while helping with real students during sessions from PADI courses
• Pass 2 theory exams
|• Weekly training sessions
• Designated lead instructor to be your mentor
• Hone rescue techniques
• Unlimited pool use for practicing skills
• Exploration of the dive sites
|• 800m Snorkel
• 400m Snorkel
• 100m Toe
• 15 min survival float
|• Lake entrance fees - £15 Saturday Wraysbury / £24 Vobster
• Scuba cylinder air fills at the lake - £5 each (X4)
• Application for PADI membership. This is payable directly to PADI and is currently £98.40
|CELEBRATION! You have achieved the PADI Divemaster certification
|£459. You will also need to purchase your PADI Divemaster crewpack to start your theory. The charge for this is £160