PADI Rescue Diver Course
Why the PADI Rescue Diver?
Rewarding and fun that best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. This course will expand your knowledge and experience level: Rescue Divers learn to look beyond themselves and consider the safety and well being of other divers. Although this course is serious, it is an enjoyable way to build your confidence.
What do I need to start?
- You can enroll in the Rescue Diver Course as a certified Open Water Diver and participate in the Rescue Diver knowledge development and rescue training sessions, in confined water.
- Minimum age: 15 years old (12 for PADI Junior Rescue Diver)
- Successful completion of a sanctioned CPR program within the past 24 months. The Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses meet these requirements.
What will I do?
Rescue Diver training will prepare you to prevent problems and, if necessary, manage dive emergencies. During the sessions, you'll cover:
- self-rescue and diver stress
- AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
- dive first aid
- swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- emergency management and equipment
- panicked diver response
- underwater problems
- missing diver procedures
- surfacing the unconscious diver
- in-water rescue breathing protocols
- egress (exits)
- first aid procedures for pressure related accidents
- dive accident scenarios
Where can I go from here?
The PADI Rescue Diver certification is a prerequisite for all Professional level PADI courses, beginning with the PADI Divemaster certification.
For information on pricing, please visit our Price List page.